My name is Tom Auger and I’m a Senior Software engineer at Cyacomb.
I’m working on building Cyacomb Safety, a first line of defence to prevent harmful and illegal content being distributed on social media and end-to-end encrypted messaging platforms.
My technical interests are in applied cryptography, security engineering, machine learning, and trying to combine and connect these areas!
Outside of work I’m a cycling fanatic always looking for the next challenging hill or mountain to climb 🚲⛰.
- Sep 2021 - Present
- Senior Software Engineer at Cyacomb building Cyacomb Safety, a first line of defence to prevent harmful and illegal content being distributed on social media and end-to-end encrypted messaging platforms.
- Sep 2020 - Aug 2021
- MSc student in Computer Science at the University of Edinburgh. Focused on the intersection of computer security and machine learning. Dissertation title: Anonymizing Network Traffic Datasets for Network Intrusion Detection. Passed with Distinction
- Oct 2018 - Sep 2020
- Software Engineer at Mathworks, Cambridge where I enhanced the performance of Parallel Build and extended compiler support to the Build Process within the Simulink Code Generation group.
- Oct 2015 - Oct 2018
- Software Engineer at Gas Management Services Ltd, Cambridge where I built an AS4 communications system and developed web apps for managing gas portfolios.
- 2012 - 2015
- BSc in Mathematics at the University of Cambridge. Favourite courses: Logic and Set Theory, Probability and Measure, Number Theory, Algebraic Topology.
My open source projects are on GitHub. All contributions are welcome!
“You can’t be normal and expect abnormal returns.” - Jeffrey Pfeffer